excerpts – Joseph Smith’s Quorum of the Anointed » Joseph Smith’s Red Brick Store (also known as the General Store) on the south side of Water Street near Granger Street, constructed in 1841. The Quorum of the Anointed first formed here on the second floor in May 1842. Quorum members assembled here more than thirty times from 1842 to 1844. Photograph ca. 1855.